Monday, July 6, 2015

Infusion Day


This week was the IDF National conference, my first year of not going after attending the last 4 years. It's a strange feeling because I'm not seeing old faces however I've notice that this year I was missing a lot of old faces because I wasn't attending an book con that I fell I love with last year. But I will see some at a new book convention that is taken place in St.Louis in July.

It's been 8 years since I've been to St.Louis so this upcoming trip I have in July for that new book convention that I've never been to will be bittersweet seeing the arch once again. 
So one of the main reason why I didn't go to IDF this year was because it was my infusion week, I still do IVIG at my local hospital. So there was no way to move things around, but I did do an infusion selfie and I went on posting it on the common variable group page as well two other groups that are readers/writers. 

It's no secret that my life is unique, being a zebra is unique. So when I shared n my two writer/readers group page they were moved. They were moved that I share something so personal, the reality is that being a zebra isn't personal it's my life. It's a side of me that I show whenever the opportunity occurs, I get told this all the time I have a bubbly, sassy and fun personality. So that what's makes me personable, I may not wear zebra ears or have many items of clothing that represent zebra but it's no secret.

People would call me brave

The Definition of the word B-R-A-V-E;  ready to face and endure danger or pain; showing courage.


maybe the word Brave isn't the right term to describe myself as a Zebra, because I've dealt with this all my life, I didn't have a choice in this lifestyle. This is my lifestyle and I've accepted this lifestyle a long time ago.

I was told as a kid when this all started was to be brave and while the fear was there and the pain, that bravery have subsided into acceptances and being my own advocate.

If you're just starting out, the adjustment struggle will be there. Don't just expect that maybe you won't have a hard time adjusting that it will be smooth sailing. You will have some hard adjustment, whenther its getting your IG products, finding the right doctors, meeting the doctors, learning everything about what it means to be a Zebra.

You must accept it at your own pace and learn about it at your own pace. That what I did when I first started in '99. Can I say when I finally accept this lifestyle? NO because it became a regular routine for me and it will for you.

I wish I could give advice to those that are in relationships and your spouse is having a hard time adjusting to this new you. But I can only give in what I believe and expects, not from experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment